Breast Cancer Community
meaning of lobular neoplasm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

meaning of lobular neoplasm

I had a breast biopsy. diagnosis, lobular neoplasm.
Is this breast cancer or not. I have seen it listed as 0 stage breast cancer, yet the doctor said it is not cancer, but a marker for cancer.

This discussion is related to tamoxofin side effects.
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi. Is it possible for you to post the entire text of the biopsy results?  The term "lobular neoplasm" is a little vague, but lobular carcinoma is one of the histologic types of breast cancer.  I'm just wondering if this is what the pathologist is referring to.  It is possible for lobular carcinoma to be stage 0 (called lobular carcinoma in situ or LCIS).  It's already cancer, but has not yet spread beyond the confines of the breast glands.