Breast Cancer Expert Forum
menopause after chemo for breast cancer

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

menopause after chemo for breast cancer
I am 47, I had my last period June 08- started chemo in june for breast cancer and have not had a period since, is it safe to think I am not ovulating?
Dear beth7658645:  In general, menopause is defined as a full year without a menstrual period.  It is not uncommon for women who are close to their natural menopause to become menopausal as a result of chemotherapy.  Nevertheless, we recommend that you consult with your gynecologist or oncologist who may measure your hormone levels to confirm your status.