mild pain at left breastbradiating to underarm,shoulder and arm
I am 29,just stopped breastfeeding my baby 2 months ago. I started to feel pain at my left breast 2 months ago,and a month later,the pain radiated to my underarm,shoulder and arm. Sometimes,i felt my underarm swelling but no lump or any mass palpable. My left breast felt heavy but also i can't palpate any mass or lump,no skin changed or any nipple discharge other then a breastmilk. The pain will come and lasted for 2 weeks and then it will come again 1 week later. I've been suffering all these symptoms for 2 months now,been to general hospital 3 times and private hospital once..All the doctors I've met told me nothing serious about it,maybe due to duct obstruction. What should I do? Do i have to worry that all these symptoms indicating breast cancer? I started to feel like crazy,i do a breast self examination every 2 hours,sometimes touching my left breast is like a habit..I'm afraid i will be insane by worrying these symptoms.
This pain could come from several structures or tissues in the area. It could be a blocked milk duct,a pinched nerve as well as a pulled ligament or  muscle.It could also be due to stress and anxiety... I don't think that your symptoms are indicative of breast cancer,but without a formal physical examination and testing, preferably by a Breast Specialist and also a Neurologist,it's very hard to determine the exact nature of this pain you are experiencing.As you can see, there are a lot of possibilities, and my advice to you is first of all, to stop touching your breast continuously to check for lumps,because by doing so,could make the pain worse.Second, you should pursue this matter and find a doctor who will be able to assist you and solve this problem.
Best wishes...
Thank you for that comforting advice. I'll go fo breast ultrasound next week,hope that everything is fine so that i can be focus to my daily routine and work again. Thank you again!
A related discussion, Follow up to original post was started.
Hi!  My sister is experiencing the same symptoms you described?  Would you mind sharing how your situation ended up?

Thanks so much!

Courtney