montgomery's glands and cancer
can squeezing montgomery's gland cause cancer? I have been squeezing them over the years and some doctor looked at me like I'm crazy when I brought up the subject. It's embarrassing but I am sincerely worried! Thanks.
No, I don't think that squeezing these glands can cause breast cancer.
Montgomery glands are modified sweat glands and what you are experiencing is similar to acne,boils and furuncles.
The best thing to do is to keep the area dry and clean.Squeezing the glands could cause bacterial infection and pus formation.
Since you have this problem for so long,I believe it is best to have this looked at by a dermatologist so that advice and appropriate treatment can solve this lingering problem.
Take care...
Can someone tell me what Montgomery glands are?  Sometimes my daughter gets a swollen mass at or near her underarm.  They are quite inflamed and red and do get a head on them.  She does squeeze them and they are filled with pus.  Her gyno told her that he beleived it was hormonal, but she has had no difinitive answers, so if it is hormonal, what type of doctor would handle this, a gyno or dermatologist..additionally I also know someone who gets the very same thing in the groin area...are these Mongomery gland also?  
Ok I am sorry, I now know what a Mongomery gland is and it doesn;t seem to apply to either situation, sorry for my ignorance...
You don't have to be sorry not knowing what Mongomery glands were.There are so many things we all have to learn about the breast anatomy...
Now, for what concerns your daughter's problems in her armpit,she could be having recurrent bacterial infections called furuncles,or boils.
This most frequently happens in moist areas, like in the axilla,groin, and underneath the breasts.  
These infections usually respond to antibiotic and occasionally,an incision and drainage may be needed to drain all the pus,otherwise the problem may recur.
It would be best if you can take your daughter to see a Dermatologist regarding these problems for proper evaluation and treatment.
I hope this helps a little.
Best wishes to both of you....:)