Breast Cancer Expert Forum
movable breast lump
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

movable breast lump

I am 46 years old.  I have had sfibrocystic breast disease since my 20;s.  I have multiple cysts throughout the years.  I have had several drained and 1 needle biopsed.  I have a surgeon do breast exams yearly and have a mammogram yearly.  About 6 months ago I noticed another breast lump in the outer upper part of my breast.  It is very, very movable, smooth, firm and ovular.  I found it several weeks before my routine mamm.  I mentioned the lump when I had my mamm.  They did a digital diagnostic mamm.  It came back normal.  (I had a MRI 1 1/2 years ago--normal--a fibroadenoma noted)   I saw my surgeon after that for my yearly breast exam and he felt it.  He said that he was not concerned, but he would recheck it in 6 months. He said that it just felt like a node.  My breasts are very saggy from breast feeding 3 kids, and he said it felt like a node had now possibly dropped down or an adenoma.  I have had my husband feel it over the last 6 months and he thinks it is about 50% smaller--I am not sure about that because I always tend to second guess myself.  It only seems to get tender from rubbing it, but it it hard to tell if it gets te3nder with periods because my entire breasts get very tender and my periods have been very irregular.  Does this sound concerning.  I will be seeing the surgeon again this next month.  Thank You so Much!!!,.