Breast Cancer Community
need answers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

need answers

I discovered a very large lump in my right breast while doing a breast exam on myself. I check myself regularly and never felt this before. its so big & hard that it would be really hard to miss. My question is, could a lump this big be cancer and if it is does it mean I didn't find it in time due to its size? Please help!! I'm going crazy wondering. I have an appointment on Monday but I am terrified of what the outcome will be.
By "regularly" I hope you mean monthly and if this is the case I would doubt that this lump would be cancer. It would certainly be rare for a cancerous lump the size that you seem to indicate would appear in such a short time. Fibromas can appear and grow quite rapidly and they are benign breast tumors that are sometimes related to the hormone levels the same as are cysts. There will certainly be some waiting beyond your appointment on Monday so you should try to calm the panic you are feeling now. I would think some type of imagery; Mammogram and/or Ultrasound which could be followed by some type of biopsy. Wishing you the best .... Regards
Thank you so much for your response. Giving me your opinion really help calm  the panic I was feeling. I don't know what to expect when I go in for my appointment but I will go in with a positive mind. Thank you again.