need your help
iam 27 healthy female ,single, with regular menestrual cycle , complaining of clear milky discharge from both nipples only in squeezing them , and i can feel a cord like duct just behind my left nipple , i experienced a light pain only once , do i have to worry and do some investigation ?
this has been for about 6 mounths with no progretion in size
Most nipple discharges are caused by benign conditions and is rarely a sign of breast cancer.
Discharge from the breast, when nipples are squeezed,increases the Prolactin hormone level and the more you squeeze the nipple the more the discharge will continue.So I would advise you NOT to squeeze your nipple so the discharge stops.
If the discharge is spontaneous,( comes out without squeezing) is persistent or bloody,then it becomes concerning and you should see your doctor to have this problem evaluated and treated.
A nipple discharge is significant and needs to be investigated further if it's persistent, comes out without squeezing the breasts or any stimulation,is bloody or foul smelling or altered, is associated with a lump, nipple or skin changes etc...
Sometimes fibrous breast tissue can be described as a cord-like feel.If you are worried about it,I think it would be better to see your doctor for evaluation.
Best wishes...
thank u zuzi
actually there is no skin changes , no alteration in breast texture , only discharge with squeezing clear milky very small amount
that cord like structure could be dialated duct ?? or duct ectazia ??
or its just fibrous change of breast tissue !!
You're welcome,
The cord like structure could be any of those things you mentioned.
You really should consider to see your doctor for a clinical breast exam and some type of testing that he/she might deem appropriate.Anytime you notice something in your breast that doesn't look normal to you,the best thing to do is to have it investigated.As you well know,it's very hard to give you an accurate answer over the internet.
Although I don't think that your symptoms have anything to do with breast cancer, I would advise you to make an appointment with your physician for evaluation,treatment if necessary, and especially for your own peace of mind okay?
All the best....
okay i will as soon as i can
thanks again
have  nice day