nipple discharge
There is a tiny bit of blood that discharges when I squeeze my left nipple. Should I be concerened? I am putting off going to the doctor because I don't have any health insurance right now. It only comes out when I squeeze and it is only a tiny bit, and it doesn't come out every time I squeeze either. Please help.
Hi. I had an episode recently of the same thing with my right breast. I have been told any time there is blood is not normal. Not necessarily bad, just not normal. It needs to be checked. I am still in the process of having mine checked and will post when I know anything new. Get it checked and let us know. My thoughts are with you.
Chanda
Hi Jackie.
Bloody nipple discharge can be caused by both benign and malignant conditions.  A bilateral nipple discharge can be caused by incompletely understood hormonal influences.  A unilateral nipple discharge should be evaluated further.  Examples of benign conditions that can cause bloody nipple discharge include fibrocystic disease, intraductal papilloma, and acute or chronic mastitis.  Examples of malignant conditions include breast carcinoma, Paget’s disease of the nipple, and sarcoma (fibrosarcoma, neurosarcoma).
I agree with Chanda that you have to consult your doctor for proper evaluation.
Good luck.