Breast Cancer Expert Forum
nipple dry, flaky and sore
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

nipple dry, flaky and sore

I have alot of sensitivity in my left nipple and now it is very dry and flaky. If I peel some of the dry skin away, it will bleed. Is this a sign of breast cancer or something else?
Related Discussions
Dear sugarbaer, This is not a usual sign of breast cancer, and more likely related to a skin condition.  If it has been concerning you and persists, you may want to have it checked out by your health care professional.
2 Comments
Blank
many things can cause what you describe; most are not dangerous. But, depending on what it actually looks like, a form of cancer called paget's disease is a possibility. The only way to find out is to have it checked.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank