Breast Cancer Expert Forum
nipple dry, flaky and sore

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

nipple dry, flaky and sore

I have alot of sensitivity in my left nipple and now it is very dry and flaky. If I peel some of the dry skin away, it will bleed. Is this a sign of breast cancer or something else?
Dear sugarbaer, This is not a usual sign of breast cancer, and more likely related to a skin condition.  If it has been concerning you and persists, you may want to have it checked out by your health care professional.
many things can cause what you describe; most are not dangerous. But, depending on what it actually looks like, a form of cancer called paget's disease is a possibility. The only way to find out is to have it checked.