Breast Cancer Community
nipple duct excision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

nipple duct excision

I am going to have a nipple duct excision on the 1st of november, I dont really understand exactly what this is, the doctors said  that they didnt find anything on the mamagram or ultra sound that could cause the bloody discharge im having from the nipple. does anyone know about this procedure, and what it is a sign of. are the doctors looking for cancer?
I haven't had the procedure but I'm feeling that I might be in line for it. I had a bloody discharge from my right nipple and I too had an ultrasound and mammogram that didn't show abnormalities or a cause for the bleeding and just a few days ago the spot where it was bleeding has turned white and whenever my nipple becomes erect the white spot swells, almost looks like a white head. I go tomorrow to the breast specialist to find out. Do you have any other symptoms, are you still bleeding? I'm very interested in hearing your story.
And I think cancer is something they may be looking for or more like ruling out. But I think the big thing is a ductal papilloma, not sure about the spelling. Which it's MY understanding that it could just be a benign growth in your duct.
Well I went to have the nipple duct excision done, and wow I had no idea I was going to be awake and taling while they were doing it. turns out that there were 2 ducts that needed removing, the doctor called  me the neext day(was really glad he was so quick)  an told me it was precancerous papalomila not sure of spelling, he explained that the ducts he removed had sort of a wart inside that was precancerous. the thing i dont understand is..what causes it, and how do they know it would have turned into cancer? and now that  i haverer this history of two ducts gone bad, shoould i be  worried there will be more that do turn into cancer?
I am scheduled for an exicision of the right breast mammary duct does anyone know about this procedure?