Breast Cancer Community
nipple skin tag

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

nipple skin tag

i have just had a "skin tag "  well not sure what it is but looked like one removed from my nipple -it had grown in the last year and my doctor has sent it off for testing ! i cannot find any article as to what it is ? if its not a skin tag what could it be ? i am not worried ( i dont think as i cannot find any articles sudjesting cancer- so any ideas just to help me    good  or bad  thanks  i am 46 female
My sister in law had a nipple skin tag and it was nothing but extra skin. I am wishing you will be fine.
thanks i just came back from the doctors  i was feeling so poorly since they took it off- i am now full of infection ! and he said i need a urgent mamogram (mammogram),my boob as doubled in size nad my nipple is oozing white stuff so not sure whats going on now
jo
Have you had children in the past year. Could be a blocked duct. Are they going to biopsy the skin tag?
no i havnt had children in the last year i am 46 and have grand children-yes they have sent that "skin tag wart looking thing off for a biopsy,it was actuly growing on the edge but on the top of my r nipple
jo
Waiting for the results of the biopsy is the hardest part. Please let me know how things go. I will support you anyway I can.
You will get to feeling better and you will be able to put all this behind you soon. I will be waiting to see your results and thinking about you. I wish you well. Sorry you or any of us have to go through this. Just remember so much is possible now days no matter the results.
Hi i am off to the doctors in a mo,no results back yet,so the receptionist said-7 days today i had that removed !my boob is still "swollen" and still on tne antibioctics so going to see him again as the doc who saw me last thursday said to go back today,i can say to have a infection after having that "wart thing removed realy has taken its toll on me,so i just want to get back to normal
thanks so muchfor your time replyiing
jo x
had my results !! thank god it was a fibrous nodule- but i have know got realy tender breast at least 2 cups bigger then other -doctor has given me differant antibioctics and i have to go back friday-he said he was shocked to see my swollen breast and its not normal and doesnt know why and if its still the same on friday he will ring the hospital for advice ! and its very painful with leakage from the nipple but not all the time

i am thinking of everyone who has worries and give you all a big hug
jox
Maybe you should post above on the breast forum that the doctor answers. We only get 2 questions a day so have have to post early. Hope things go well Friday. Please let me know. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.
Who are you doing this research for?
yes i would help and give support- jo
I am doing some research on the concept of patient-to-patient support and was hoping you could assist me. Suppose you knew of an online community whose members all suffered from breast cancer or related problems. Do you think you would have interest in being an active member of such a community - sharing your difficulties with others, providing a comforting shoulder and aiding one another? (Thanks for your cooperation!)
just to say since the removal of the fibrous nodule,my r breast is still swollen and very tender,i have been on 3 differant antibioctics and today saw the doctor again ! he has said he's not sure what's going on there ! it's either a infection (but i have no sign's now) or the anthiseptic(dont think i spelt that right! i am blonde) i had at the time is causing the swelling and the tenderness and if it hasnt gone down by monday(which will be 3 weeks since the op he will refer me to a breast clinic-
jo
I would go ahead to a breast clinic now. I would not wait for him to try and figure out whats going on. Get tough with them to get referred sooner.
yes i dont know " if i should be worried" i can't understand why i simple op like i had would cause these prob's- i am the manager of a shop and i can't keep having this time off work! and when a doc say's he doesn't know it is worrying,i am tying my best to get my self well but i can't -and he only did a op removing that nodule-so he didn't even touch my boob! perhap's i am one in a million ha
jo
Just get a second opinion by a breast specialist and this will ease your mind. I would not think that such a simple surgery would cause this much pain. Do you have plenty of pain meds? Put very cold cabbage leaves on your breast. Alternate between hot and cold. It may help. Sorry your in pain and a that you a so worried. If this is breast cancer of some sort early treatment is very important. Do you have a breast cancer center near by?
How are you?
I hope you are still reading posts in this forum.
Can you tell me what this skin tag looked like and what's happened since your last post?

joli
Hi i am a 34 year old.
I also have a skin tag on my right nipple and have been getting a severe pain.
I have noticed my skin tag also growing and therre appears to be a swelling to the side.
I am going to the breast clinic in 3 =weeks after being on antibiotics.
I have also recearched this myself and have found out that it could be menopause related, my mother and grandmother were early.
Will let you know what they say x