Breast Cancer Community
nodules in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

nodules in breast

i recently went for my call back exam for my mammogram...they found a 1cm nodule that they are saying they want to watch for 6 months...i was told it was probably benign... i've had 2 friends that waited the 6 months and when they went back had cancer...1 i lost to breast cancer the other had chemo for months and is recovering...my questions is...am i panicing or should i go to a specialist and have a second opinion..thank you
Tags: nodules
HI I think you should go and request a biopsy that way it will show if it's benign or not.I wouldnt go just by the Dr. opinion.      TAKE CARE..........

What symptoms do you have? What is your age? is there a family history of breast cancer? Do you notice any abnormal features on breast self examination like lump, skin changes or nipple discharge?

Could you post the exact mammogram report here? Was an ultrasound done?

Let us know the answers to the above questions to help you with your doubts.

In the meantime, i think it is best not topanic and you could either take a second opinion or talk to your doctor about a biopsy and then decide what would be best.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.