not as amassed?
I posted a question the other day about a lump in my left breast. Everyone I had seen had really scarred me. I had a second mammo and a targeted sonagram yesterday. The radiologist said all the films and pics appeared to be different from the original set taken on 12-24. He said the area appears to be less "amassed"  in the new films. Exactly what does that mean? They are now thinking I have some sort of infection, but still would like me to have my scheduled biopsy on the 10th of this month. They said that they want to find out what sort of infection this is and how best to treat it. Also, the area in my breast was responding to antibiotics. After I was done with the antibiotics I went to see a breast specialist who thought she saw the beginnings of some light red discoloration(about the size of a dime). While I was on antibiotics I never saw any discoloration. I saw a small red, hot area after my mammo and sonogram yesterday. I gradually faded. The radiologist put me back on antibiotics yesterday and said things were less amassed. I am still scared because I have read too much info online. With inflammatory cancer do antibiotics have any affect and would the small red area come and go???? I know I should be greatful to get an infection diagnosis, but like I said, I have read so much online I have really scared myself. Could someone put me at ease, please.

Thank you

You need to relax and remember one thing - the stuff and information you get online is only on the basis of the verbal communication about the symptoms and clinical presentation. It cannot under any circumstances be compared to a clinical examination and investigations.

So, you can just treat all that you read online as information; but go ahead and discuss it with your doctor and clarify your doubts. The information online is to help you, also so that nothing is missed.

From what you describe - 'less amassed' would mean starting to resolve and showing signs of healing - which would favour an infective diagnosis. It is not possible for a course of antibiotics to decrease the size of a cancerous lesion.

Going ahead with a biopsy is a ggod idea - to get a confirmed diagnosis. Also, continuing the antibiotics for longer is good, as your lesion seems to be responding to antibiotics. the small red area could be due to infection and inflammation; or tight clothes or trauma.

Do let us know about your progress.
Get a copy of the biopsy report for yourself.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I read too much and then stay worried. Once again, thank you!
I am sorry to bother you again. I started antibiotics this morning and I started my period early(yesterday), now I have an itchy area on my chest. It is over the lump in my breast. Could this be due to the early period or my antibiotics? My breast are rather large and no matter what I wear they touch in the middle. This is where the lump is along with the slight itch that has appeared today.
                                   Thank you

I am glad that the post of some help. It is imortant to stop worrying, because you will only think rationally when you are not anxious or worried.

The itching could e due to the breasts brushing against each other or against the clothes- it is usually allergic in origin.

Try applying some calamine lotion at the site, wear lose clothes and also take some antihistaminics or anti allergy medications for a few days - see if that helps.

Good luck with the biopsy.
Regards.
hi cotorie,
thanks for letting us know about your results, it has made me feel more at ease about my situation. I think that i too am a victim of my own investigations and have gone ahead and scared myself too. However, while i've scared myself the one thing that i have kept in mind is that at least i am forearmed for any news that i'm given. it's good that they have given you some good news and your anxiety about any forthcoming tests/treatment is understandable. its hard not to fear the worse about any problems associated with the breast and you never know how you will deal with a problem such as this until you are faced with it. rest assured i think you are being not only sensible in taking the biop but i think you are being incredably brave - same as all of us on here. keep us posted on your progress and let us know the results from the 10th
I started taking my antibiotics on Saturday morning; Sunday evening I started getting this tingly/ weird feeling in the area of the infection. Would this be due to the antibiotics breaking up the infection? I also noticed this morning(Monday) that the area isn't as hard and round; it's more broke up and soft or mushy feeling? Maybe also due to the antibiotics???

Thank you

The antibiotics seem to be working well. That's what is evident from your post.

The antibiotics could have infact trigerred the healing process and the hard lump is now undergoing break down.

Though it would be difficult to say anything with surety without a clinical examination.

About the needle aspiration - i think you should ga ahead with it - it is a very safe OPD procedure and might just reveal something.

Even the antibiotics can be changed if required, depending on the reports.

Discuss this in detail with your doctor too and decide only then.
Hope this helps.
Do keep us posted about your progress.
Good luck.