Breast Cancer Expert Forum
odd nipple pain

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

odd nipple pain
hi,
    i'm 16 years old and i have had for a few days an odd nipple pain, like when you poke a bruise kinda pain...

some people say they have felt a rock shape under the nipple- upon my self-examniation i didn't feel this supposed rock thing, and the pain is on and off...

i can feel the pain when i poke it regardless of my nipple being hard or soft..

so i'm not sure if this is a cancer or not- i'm just worried and need convincing of what it is

much obliged to all who answer
Dear polarbear1993, Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Breast pain is sometimes associated with hormonal variations and is then called cyclical breast pain.  Noncyclical breast pain does not seem to be linked to hormonal variations and is often localized to one area of the breast tissue.  Noncyclical breast pain may or may not be the result of an injury to the breast.