options for recurring breast micro calcifications
I had bilateral excisional biopsies in 2002 to check out microcalfications.  Results negative, thankfully.  Had another abnormal mammo in April (right side only this time), and just and another excisional biopsy.  Thankfully, results were again negative.  But the wire guided biopsy is an invasive procedure, and I found the "extended" mammo (required to do the needle/wire location) was torture.  Are there statistics for recurrence for women who have had one or more abnormal mammos due to microcalcifications.  I am 55 with fibrocystic breasts (though no discomfort), and am concerned that these calcifications will be a regular future in my future, and am dreading having to go through this procedure again and again.
I'm not sure what options might be available to you ... other than mastectomy and that is a rather drastic measure just to prevent having a biopsy; as in your case every 8 years. You might request a different type of biopsy if you find the wire insertion too uncomfortable. There are several types of biopsies that might serve the purpose but I don't think you will find any of them without some measure of discomfort. When calcifications are found in clusters they do raise suspicion and need further investigation but of course it would be your decision if you didn't want to have any procedure that might be recommended.    Regards .....