Breast Cancer Community
pain 1 year after fibroadenoma surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pain 1 year after fibroadenoma surgery

I was supposed to post my question in the breast fibroadenmoa section but there was some problem there and i cant wait for another 3 , 4 days.I am 23 years old, I had a small lump in my right breast 6 or 7 years ago, i consulted a doctor and she did a fine needle aspiration and it turned out to be a fibroadenoma. The doctor told me its not a major concern and i can wait for 3 or 4 years to see if it increases in size or just satys the same.it was about 1.5cm initially but during the time period of 3 to 4 years it increased to about 3cm plus it started hurting since it was located on the right side of right breast and at times it would hurt so bad that id wake up in the middle of night to take a pain killer. Anyway, after reassessment my doctor told me i need a surgery but since i am anaemic( Hb 8) i had to wait for a litlle time longer to increase my Hb through my diet but it didnt help much since it just got upto 8.7 and my doctor decided for lumpectomy with blood transfusion (if needed). my surgery went well and i didnt need the transfusion.the recovery period was round about normal. Durig the next year i didnt have much complain except for a little non cyclic pain in the same area. Untill recently i deveopled the pain again. its the same kind of pain i used to have when i had a lump inside the breast, a sharp burning kindda pain but i dont feel any lump. ive palpated it, compared both the breasts, theres nothing but still i have the pain. and its severe. i have my exams coming up and i cant study properly. why after 1 year? and what should i do ? one more thing, i think it started again when i was excited or lets say my estrogen level was quite high when i was with my bf. how is this realted to the pain? i need a quick response to my question please.
I suppose this could be due to scar tissue ... I would certainly have it checked out by the Dr. who did your surgery.
why would a scar tissue hurt after a year? and im delaying the check up cause of the exams cause once you go to the hospital then they dont leave you intill yoou get all the tests done, neccessary or unnecessary
scar tissue doesn't develop immediately and it's possible that a nerve may have become involved. I don't know where you're locatd but this is something you could have ck.d out in your Dr.s office; I wouldn't think a hospital visit would be needed. Rarely are unnecessary tests done unless with an initial test there is no conclusion; then something else might be done. If this truly concerns you I don't think I'd be putting off having it ck.d out. You know we all have the right to refuse any test or treatment that is recommended if we think it isn't necessary.