Breast Cancer Community
pain behind nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pain behind nipple

i am 13 weeks post partum. last week i started weaning from breastfeeding and one morning , after not feeding for 12 hours, my 4 year old daughter ran up to me and hit me pretty hard on my left breast causing severe pain behind the nipple. Now i have achy pain behind the nipple all the time and everytime i hold my 13 weeks old it gets worse and lots more pain when the breast is pressed against . what could this be?????   i am a 31 y/o female who has a history of graves, ra, and lupus. familial hx of hodgkins and colon ca.
The pain could very well be from your daughter's bumping into your breast.Nerves behind the nipples are very sensitive and it will probable take some time for the pain to subside.
If this pain still persist, you should see your doctor to rule out the complications of clogged milk ducts including breast engorgement and mastitis.And don't think that your problem has anything to do with breast cancer though..
Hope you'll feel better soon.
Take care....
Thanks so much.. you were right. all i needed was some time... the pain is now gone. however. its been 1 week since i stopped pumping and i'm still leaking when i get out of the shower. i refuse to express a little for the fear of making more. so here i am still buying breast pads... oh well. thanks for you post