Breast Cancer Expert Forum
pain in one breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

pain in one breast

Hi, I have a question. I have been having a throbbing pain in my right breast for a about 2 weeks now. It comes and goes but when it comes it's so strong!!! I have an appointment with my OBGYN next week. I just wanted to know more or less what can be the cause of the throbbing. I have read that it can do with the menstral cycle but it's been to consistent and it started before my last menstral cycle, and I'm not due for it yet but the throbbing hasn't let up. Anything I can ask my doctor?
I appreciate any help you can provide.

Worried and Concerned,
B DeCires
Dear bdecreg:  There are many possible explanations for breast pain, the most common is menstrual cycle related.  Without evaluation, it is impossible to speculate on what might be causing the problem in your case.  Most breast cancer is not painful.
Yes I have had breast pain on the left side.  Started a couple of months ago, one month it wasn't there so I didn't think about it, then it came back and is very consistent.  I could tell something was wrong.  I went to Gyn and he scheduled mamo it came back suspicious and they suggested I have a ultra sound which came back suspicous, they say it's about 3/5 of an inch in size.  I just had a biopsy yesterday painful for me because of the breast pain I'm having. Now I'm waiting on the call from my doctor to let me know the results.  This is what my situation is but I have heard that there are many other reasons for breast pain.  I wish you the best.  Sherri
OMG!!! I wish you all the best as well, I hope everything turns out fine with your biopsy. The pain comes and goes my Dr.'s appotintment is coming up. Hopefully like the professional above says, it does have to do with my menstral cycle. My mom has a cyst in her right breast that is small and gets checked every 6 months. It's a bit scary but I'm trying to stay positive.
Stay strong and have faith that all will turn out fine. Good Luck!!!!