Breast Cancer Community
pain in the left armpit and breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pain in the left armpit and breast

hi im becoming a little worried for a while i have had dull aching pains in my left armpit, in my left breast, and leadin down my left arm i have had examinations at the doctors and i also try to examin myself best i can but it doesnt seem to put  my mind at rest, just thought i would ask you for advice. thanks jen.
1 Comment
Hi there.

The negative physical examination findings are indeed reassuring.  However, if you can't still put your mind at ease, you may want to discuss with your doctors regarding additional imaging tests such as mammogram or ultrasound to assess the areas affected.  Mammogram may cause some form of discomfort, while ultrasound is generally done comfortably.  Also, observe for any other changes aside from the pain such as lumping, presence of nodule, or breast discharge and report such to your doctor.

Regards.