Breast Cancer Community
pain in upper right back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pain in upper right back

In late 94 took cemo for breast cancer, had a mastectomy in spring  of 95' took 1/2 set of cemo another tumor removed in late 95' anlther full round of cemo another tumer removed.....38 radiation treatments to get two more tumors off the chest wall...finished up in dec.96' I was concidered stage 4 ....had kept up with exams and consider myself healed...but, recently have been having some pain in my upper right back, like it is bruised but haven't done anything to it...and it aches. Do I need a pet scan????
Hi there!

First of all I really admire you for putting up with all the treatments and believe me, that is quite a feat.  Your concern regarding your back pain is valid.  Considering that your cancer is already extensive right from the start, there's no guarantee that it will never come back.  

I agree that you may need a PET scan to rule out bony metastases but I suggest you discuss this with your oncologist first.  I'm confident that you can get through all of these as you have shown admirable strength in the past.  

God bless you and have faith... Regards
First of all let me say that YOU ROCK!! I think you are an AMAZING person. I am going through chemo for breast cancer right now. Just finished round 1. So the fact that you have come out on top makes me feel encouraged.

I would get it checke out but I dont think you should worry because it could just be something small. Keep your chin up and stay strong. I am sure you are fine. I have to have a PET scan next week because I had a node involved and I am totally freaking out, so in a way I feel you pain. Please let us know the GOOD news when you receive it. Take care and above all continue to LIVE STRONG!!!