Breast Cancer Expert Forum
pain under right arm pit and side of right breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

I am concerned. in june of this year I went for my yearly mamogram (mammogram) and they had me return in 3 days for a follow up mamogram (mammogram) and ultrasound of the right breast, they decided it was 2 cycts and to return in 6 months for a recheck I felt no lumps or discomfort from this. in the past I have always had cycts and drained and a hard benign lump removed from the left breast, this is the first sign on the right. three weeks ago I started feeling pain that woke me up in the night under the right armpit and the side of the breast, I don't feel a lump it is very painfull, I have been to the doctors twice and they have put me on steroids, motrin and then tried a mucscle relaxer, the pain is still there, I am concerned because of the mamogram (mammogram) of the right side, should I be thankyou. I am 46 years old and had a hysterectomy at age 32 very concerned
Dear Stina, It's hard to say what is going on.  What are the doctors saying is the cause of your pain and discomfort?  Is it related at all to the cysts?  If these cysts are causing pain, this may be a reason to have them aspirated and the fluid could then be sent for analysis.  Ask questions of the docotor's you are seeing, if you are still concerned you may want to seek another opinion.
1 Comment
A related discussion, pain under the armpit was started.
A related discussion, Breast pain was started.
A related discussion, Right Armpit Painful was started.