pain
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE BREAST PAIN AFTER RADIATION VERY PAINFUL
I am sorry you are feeling pain after completing your radiation therapy.This is non uncommon. I also experienced this side effect.I developed dull aches or sharp shooting pains in the breast that lasted for a few seconds and sometimes more than that.I did not take any medication though,and with time the pain lessened and eventually disappeared after a couple of months.Don't worry these pains are harmless and are NOT a sign that the cancer is reappearing.
What affected me most,was fatigue that gradually built up and in my case,it lasted for almost a year.
If your pain is unbearable,please talk to your Oncologist or Doctor for advice and also you could ask them to prescribe a stronger pain killer to lessen the discomfort..
If you have skin problems,like sunburn reaction with blistering and peeling of the skin,your Oncologist can prescribe a lotion that can greatly help.
Hoping you'll feel better soon.