Breast Cancer Expert Forum
painful breast lumps

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

painful breast lumps
I am 20 years old and have had brest lumps since I was 15. I've had two biopsied and both came back benign. Lately in my left breast, the lump has increasing pain which results in difficulty in breathing and my left arm tingling. The doctors all say don't worry about it, we can't do anything about them. I'm worried they are worse than what they think. I have four in my right breast and the one painful one in my right. They don't want to biopsy them and they are all solid so you can't aspirate them. What should I do? I've considered having a masectomy because I have such a strenuous job and they are just so painful.
Dear ash03:  Our recommendation would be to see a medical breast specialist.  These specialists are usually affiliated with large academic medical centers.  Hopefully, once examined this doctor would be able to make some recommendations to help with your pain.
hello, I'm 29 yrs old and I also have a painful lump in my right breast. I have had a mammo and an ultrasound and also I had a needle and they told me that it is not cancerous. But it is painful and it bothers me. It also seems that its getting bigger. My specialist give me an option of taking out the lump because according to him there is a 5% change that it will become a cancer since it is getting bigger in size. It is my first time to have an operation, is there any possibilities that this lump will grow again after removing it? and what is the dis advantage of having an operation? thanks and God bless you all
jo7
To ash03
I NEVER post on these boards but your messge bothered me.  Please be really sure before getting a masectomy.  I am 40 yr. and have had very large,fibrous breasts since I was 14 or 15.  I have had the burning and lumps and extreme pain I have read about on this forum all of my life for usually about 10 days to 14 DAYS. I have often contemplated breast reduction but NOT a masectomy.  Please know that I have not developed cancer and my maternal grandmother died from Breast cancer so I am careful to be checked.
My lump in the left breat was taken out twice... same spot. I have another one growing in the same spot right now too. So unfrotunelty it might grow back.
I have a painful lump in my right breast. It is more tender some days than others. when i went to have my yearly she did not mention feeling any lumps or anything. i have also heard that cancerous lumps usually are not painful. also i have had a lot of pain in my right arm, from my wrist to my right breast, but i was told it was carpal tunnel. im only 22 years old and do not have breast cancer in my family that i know of. do any of you think i should be more or less concerned. i just wanted some other womens opinions.