painful breast lumps
Hi! Last year, about after Christmas, I found a breast lump on the left breast. When I sleep on my left side, it really hurts and also when i sleep lying on my face on the pillow so my breasts are directly on the bed. I'm really scared because I'm afraid that this maybe cancerous even though I only have breast lump as symptom. When I went to my doctor, she told me to have an ultrasound. I'm scared to have an ultrasound because I'm afraid to know if I have cancer or not. Do you know what it means when the doctor tells you to have an ultrasound? Like maybe she's thinking that maybe the lump is cancerous or something? I'm sorry but I'm really scared. I'm only 19 so I'm really scared.
Thank you so much! I feel much better now! Thanks again.
Hi elaine,  because of your young age,an Ultrasound is best considered to find out what this lump is.What you have could be a cyst and this lump could give you the pain you are experiencing especially before your menstrual cycle.An US is not ordered because the doctor thinks that it's cancer,but to find out the nature of this lump that could be anything else but cancer.Also cancer is rarely associated with pain..so I would, if I were you, try to find out as soon as possible what this lump is...because your worry will not stop until you have this test done.So please follow your doctor's order and make the appointment for the Ultrasound okay? This is a simple procedure and it doesn't hurt at all.Best wishes.
Zouzi, thank you so much! And also, can temperature cause breast lumps? I mean, when it's cold, I realized that my breast lump hurts. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Thanks again zouzi!
You welcome elaine.I really don't think that the temperature, whether hot or cold, would cause lumps.Also I don't think that you are being paranoid...we all worry when something is not right.and we never rest until we know what the problem is. Also try to limit your caffeine intake (Cola,chocolate coffee..tea) because it can make the pain worse.Don't forget to make the appointment for the US. Take care dear..
Ok. Thank you so much! I feel much better now that I know that having an ultrasound doesn't mean that I have breast cancer. Thank you again!