papillary carcinoma of breast
i have just been diagnosed with papillary carcinoma of the breast i am 41 yo female with no family history of breast cancer. the surgeon will use a wire to guide to suspect area to remove then do partial mastecomy. i then am to begin a 5day regimen of radiation treatments for 4-6 weeks.  during surgery he will look into lympnodes but says is in unlikely to spread that only 3% get this type of breast cancer. i am taking many medications but oncologist took me off birth control that regulates my periods for safety that this cancer does not grow, even though it is to be slow growing kind.  this was my 1st mammogram, 1st biopsy and i am absolutely terrified. please help me learn more about this

trishaj
Papillary Carcinoma is a rare type (only 1-2% of breast cancers) and is rarely invasive. It is slow growing and treated in various ways depending on the size and exact location. The prognosis is good in this type of cancer due to it's properties. Following the surgery for removal there may be radiation and also some hormonal treatment depending on the hormone response status (ER/PR positive or negative). Treatment following surgical removal will depend on the Pathology results.   Kindest regards ....
A related discussion, options for stage 0 papillary carcinoma was started.