Breast Cancer Community
pash, treatment & pain management

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pash, treatment & pain management

I was diagnosed december last year with fibrocystic breast disease and ductal pseudoangiomatous strlmal hyperplasia (pash). My condition was drawn to my attention because of severe pain, massive loss in tissue and i could feel a tendril like growth. This all occurred in a few months my left nipple and arole are indented now and i face daily changes in appearence (DD cup to B cup so far). Theyre misshappen and dimpled. I cannot find a doctor who can tell me anything except you should be thankfull you dont have cancer. They have never heard of this dissease before and can tell me nothing. The hospital i was diagnosed at just said i have pash and theyve made me an apt. with the plastics department. I went to the plastics apt. only to be asked what i was doing there,? what i expected them to do for me? I was told that i dont have cancer and if i expect surgery for ascectics ive come to the wrong place. I have a 9.3mm in 7 o'clock position, a 5.2mm in a 2 o'clock posioion, a 12.5mm in the 12 o'clock position in my left breast. I have a 8.6x5.5mm at 12 o'clock in my right breast.(my right breast had no growths several months before diagnosis. I had insisted on another mamogram (mammogram) because i felt new tumours growing and now in my right. I had been told it was impossible to feel them growing but i did and needed proof.) I am suffering alot of mental anguish over this and feel there is no help for me. I am in so much pain and can feel new growths starting. my doctor suggested calcium tablets? Please help?
This is truly a difficult condition to treat. I'm amazed that you say the Hospital had not heard of PASH. Often when these growths become so prolific a Mastectomy is necessary. I would suggest that you make an appointment with a Breast Specialist; preferably a Surgeon. I'm not quite sure why Plastics was involved unless of course it was assumed that you would be having reconstructive surgery after the removal of the breast. This may be one procedure BUT done by two different Specialists. I don't know about the value of Calcium in your particular situation but it certainly couldn't hurt. Please consider seeing a Breast Specialist though .... some valuable advice can be obtained there and I'm sure he/she would have heard of PASH. Regards ....
Thankyou very much for your reply.