Breast Cancer Community
pea size lump in right breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pea size lump in right breast

I am 27 years old and have found a hard pea size lump in my right breast almost in my armpit area. It is painful and tender to the touch. Also I have had discharge from my nipples that is a yellow/green color, I had a child almost 2 years ago and don't know if it is possible that I may still be producing milk. I have not breastfeed in over a year. The discharge is from the same breast were I have found the lump. Is this something that I should be concerened about?
Hi I would get in to see your doctor and discuss your concerns with her or him and folow the advice, they may want a mammogram to be done but it is best to check with your doctor.
Does the lump increase or decrease in size? Is it painful or tender?  

Has a mammogram, ultrasound and MRI been done? Since when have you noticed the lump? Are you lactating?

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like skin changes, breast lump, etc

Have you seen a breast specialist or your doctor for your symptoms? Till then you could try some warm compresses, breast massage and oral pain relief medications.

This seems to be a fibroadenoma , but nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination and relevant investigations.

Let us know about what your doctor or breast specialist advises.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and also about how you are doing.

Regards.
Does the lump increase or decrease in size?
Not that I have noticed, if it has increased at all it has been very slight.

Is it painful or tender?  
It is very tender and if touched painful. That is how I noticed it, I was bathing when I touched it it was very painful to the touch.

Has a mammogram, ultrasound and MRI been done?
No. I am trying to get a appointment with my doctor, but it could be about a month.

Since when have you noticed the lump?
I noticed the lump about 3-4 weeks ago. I haven't noticed much change in size but the tenderness has increased. It is painful just to wear a bra right now.

Are you lactating?
I had a child 21 months ago but have not breastfed in over a year. I do not believe that I am lactating but I have had a yellow/green discharge from my right breast for over 7 months now. At first I thought that it was associated with my son, but like I said I have not breastfed him in over a year so now I am questoning the connection.

I have noticed the pea size lump on my right breast that is hard and painful to the touch. Now it is tender just to even wear a bra. My son hit me this afternoon in the chest and i almost cried it hurt so bad. The skin is still pretty much the same I havent really noticed any change there. I have noticed that my nipple (right side)  keeps going in on its self. like a innie belly button.

Have you seen a breast specialist or your doctor for your symptoms?
Not yet I am trying to get an appointment, I get my care through theVA so things take a little bit longer.