Breast Cancer Community
pea size lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

pea size lump

i have found a small lump in my breast, which i have had a scan on and it didn't show up as a cyst. i have other cysts in the same breast which show on scans but this one didnt. why would that be, slightly worried.
I had a lump that was removed two weeks ago that did not show up on either my mammogram or my ultrasound, yet it was there. Luckily it was not cancerous. You should follow up with your doctor for further evaluation. I understand your worry--I sure did! The sooner you get it looked at and diagnosed(hopefully as a cyst) the sooner you can stop worrying! Good luck!
hi..im beth..ive been check up 8 months ago of my breast pain..id feel and noticed a small thing inside..it hurts when i touched and pressed it..the doctor said its not a kind of cancerous but need to remove because it makes me suffer the pain..im bothered and worried..and still undecided to remove it especially of the nature of my work..i lifted heavy things..he found 6 palpable mass of my breast..the 3 cyst are big in my left breast..
I also have a pea sized lump that didn't show up on imaging.  The breast surgeon that I saw said a needle biopsy was not an option for me since the lump is small and I have breast implants.  So, he is having me come back to see in in 6 weeks to see if it changes at all.  I am not happy with the wait and see approach.  I am worried sick about this lump, although the dr. doesn't seem too concerned.  I don't know how they can tell me to 'not worry' if they can't tell me what it is!

Anyway, get  your lump checked out and hopefully you will get a definitive answer.