Breast Cancer Community
pea sized smooth round tender lump in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my question. I found a hard ,tender, smooth and round pea size lump on the side of my right breast about middle way up the breast. I went to the doctor and he said that is was very distinct but that was the only one that he could find. He told me to do warm compress and massage the lump. When i do that it does get a lot looser and it goes down a small amount. I did stop nursing on October 23 and just received my period last night. It was more tender today than before and i am feeling good otherwise. Yesterday i did see one drop of milk come out after i had the warm compress and massaged it for awhile before that. I dont really have any breast cancer in the family and i am onyl 25. I had my husband check it after i had heat on it and he said it seem like it was loose and seemed a bit smaller. I was wondering if this could be fat due to bigger breasts of pregnancy or a plugged milk duct.  Any help would be appreciated because i have a 5 month old son and i am scared.
1 Comment
Hi again,
I have responded to your previous post concerning this lump.Please click below to read the comment.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/breast-lump/show/1411106?personal_page_id=1916629#post_6434534

You had mentioned that today you were supposed to have an Ultrasound.
Did the radiologist recommend anything to you?
I am afraid that no one can know for sure what is the exact nature of this lump until it's evaluated by some sort of tests.

Please, if you have any additional questions keep it on the same thread  (Use the "post a comment" below the answer you have received ) This helps to have all your information together so we can better help you.
Thank you.