Breast Cancer Community
pimples on niple and white clumpy discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

i am 18 years old and 18 weeks pregnate i have pimples around my niples and white clumpy discharge coming out of my niples when i squeze them what is it and what can i do to prevent it?
Hi there.

The nipple and areola area contains sebaceous and sweat glands that is similar to the glands found in the face.  These glands are subjected to the same diseases that the glands in the face and other parts of the body experience, such as comedone formation and sometimes pimple formation.  You can prevent this by maintaining the cleanliness of the area to prevent clogging of the pores of these glands.  You can also ask your doctor about keratolytic agents, similar to that used in the treatment of acne.

Regards and God bless.
thanks thats very helpfull. but when i start to breast feed will it be more difficult to produce milk?? and hard to release from the nipple??
For 7 months now I have been seeing problems with my right breast. At first it was a small rash on the nipple. Then about 2 months later it started to coverd the nipple and the areola area. It looked very dry and was extremly itchy. When I scratch it I could see the skin flaking off. There would be cuts around my nipple (it looked like it would peel off at times) and it would bleed sometimes. But I thought "hey just put some vasline on itand it will go away" But then it gets worse and starts to hurt even more. Its sore to the point where my whole breast hurts and it itches really bad the skin looks so dry and grey from all the flaking. So I went to the doctor and he gave me Lamisil fungus cream ( he said it looked like a fungus). I've been using it for 2 weeks and its gotten worse. I now have these shotting pains I could feel it in the axila. The whole breast is sore all the time and I now have these pimples/warts. When I accidently scratched it the other day blood and white discharge came ozzing out. I think its a wart because its a bump with a red cirlcle around it. Im in Africa right now for a school project but im worried. I wont be back for another 2 months. Im 20 years old and im really curious as to what it could be. Please give me an answer because I will take a flight back home right away.