Breast Cancer Expert Forum
pinching pain in breasts particularily in right breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

On occasion I'll feel like a slight pinching sensation in my breast... sometimes mainly on the right side, where a few months ago I got bitten in my breast by my infant son. I got bit hard enough to where there was a quarter size bruise on my breast and since then now every once in a while I feel like a pinching sensation on that breast where it happened.  Also sometimes I feel the same pinch like sensation kind of like under my armpits at times... what exactly is this and should I be concerned?
Dear worrywart1118:  There are a variety of reasons that one could feel pain or discomfort in the breasts or anywhere else on the body.  Some of these could be scar tissue, gas, etc.  The most common cause of breast pain is often cycle related.  If you are concerned, you might consider having your doctor (or a breast specialist – usually affiliated with large academic medical centers) evaluate.  Most breast cancer is not painful.