platelet drop
my platelets dropped in a period of about 3 weeks from 165 to 56, to me this seems to be very quick.

I am on Xeloda and the onc is thinking this may be the cause.  

my question is, if the Xeloda, or bone marrow mets were responsible for the drop, wouldn't it be over a period of time and not just "whammo" down it goes.

I was feeling really well until one day when I was off colour and the same day had a really bad nose bleed that seemed to last forever.  and for the next couple of days was really off colour.  not to sure if this was an symptom of the platelets dropping.

i am not an expert this is just an opinion. i think it is possible for platelets to drop over a three week period. it could be a combo of the Xeloda, bone marrow mets. the nose bleed could be related to the platelet drop for sure. are u getting blood transfusions?
when were u diagnosed with mets to the bone marrow?
the doc might suggest stopping the Xeloda for a while to see if that helps. my thoughts are with u.

thanks cleomoon, my onc. has taken me off Xeloda to see if this corrects the low platelets.  he is doing a 'wait and see' re the bone marrow.  if going off the xeloda, doesn't make my platelets rise, then I will have to go for a bone marrow biopsy.