Breast Cancer Community
***please help me out ***

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

***please help me out ***

Hi i am 18 my right breast has been itchy for the past two weeks i thought i was going crazy so i looked it up and found out that it could be linked to breast cancer, also i get sharp stabbing pains in my breast thats been going on for way over a month now its itching but theres no rash no dry skin nothing coming out of it i am quite worried i do have cancer and breast cancer in the family and two sorts or breast cancer i am going to book to see my GP asap am worried could this be normal as i am only young ?
1 Comment
You are indeed pretty young to be thinking about breast cancer .... breast pain isn't at all unusual and is usually related to hormonal levels and NOT to breast cancer. I do think you are smart to consider seeing your Dr. about this since in any event an examination would be necessary as well as a complete medical history. Be aware that internet information is very general and rarely can be applied to your particular situation. Seeing the Dr. is always the BEST way to get an answer to any symptoms. Make that appointment so you can stop worrying, OK ??