pleomorphic calcification
Has anyone out there had mammograms come back with findings of pleomorphic calcifications after lumpectomy and reconstruction surgery?  I had right breast lumpectomy with bilateral reconstruction.  Bilateral steriotactic needle biopsy 6 months ago showed necrotic tissue.  Now more calcifications in both breasts.
Sorry for being late answering your post.I was really waiting for someone to answer you, who has a similar situation such as you have requested.
I don't have any personal experience about this matter,but all I can tell you is that fat necrosis tissue could be caused when the breasts have been injured,such as having surgery for whatever reason.
Fat necrosis in itself is not related to cancer,however it can cause calcifications in the breasts in many cases.
Pleomorphic means that these specks of calcium are varied in shape.
You don't say if your radiologist has detected any suspicious clustered calcifications, or if they are just sparsely distributed about the breasts.
In any case, I am sure that your doctor/radiologist will recommend that you keep regular follow up to check if any changes have occurred.On the other hand a biopsy would be needed if one or more calcifications look suspicious.
Best wishes..
Thank you for your response.  Radiologist recommended excisional biopsy, birads 4.  Discussed with surgeon and decided to wait 4 months and do follow-up mammo.  Since steriotactic biopsy 6 months ago showed benign fat necrisis, I feel another biopsy will cause more calcs.  I had 1 and 1/2 lbs of tissue removed from each breast during lumpectomy and reconstruction, which would cause a lot of scar tissue.  I'm sitting tight until April for follow up mammo, but wanted to know if others are dealing with this iisue.  Thank you for info.
You welcome!.
Please click on the link below to read a few posts from women who also developed fat necrosis after breasts reconstruction.
I hope it helps....

http://www.medhelp.org/search/expanded?cat=posts&page=1&query=fat+necrosis+after+breast+reconstruction
Here is another link about fat necrosis and calcification.
I hope that this one is even more helpful.

http://www.medhelp.org/search/expanded?cat=posts&query=calcification+and+fat+necrosis
Please ignore my second post I just can't paste the right link.
Sorry :(
I am so sorry if I am confusing you....try this one and I hope this time it's the right link!

http://www.medhelp.org/search?utf8=%26%23x2713%3B&query=calcification+and+fat+necrosis&camp=top_nav_search
Please don't click on the link,just copy it and paste it on Google.
It might work. I HOPE!!! LOL
Thank you again for all the info.  I think I'm going to go with waiting until April for the follow up mammo and hope that the scar tissue stabilizes.  If not then I will probably go with plan B and do another steriotactic needle biopsy.  Plan C is the excisional biopsy and I will do it only if the surgeon agrees with the radiologists.  Take care.