Breast Cancer Expert Forum
post biopsy pain

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

post biopsy pain

Hi would appreciate any answers I can get.
My mom had a breast biopsy in Feb. 2009 and she has been having increasing pain in her arm and now at the side of her breast. She has mentioned this to her doctors and nobody seems to concerned. This is causing her to lose sleep and the pain isn't getting any better she is taking ibuprofen but it doesn't help.
I will also mention that it has recently been discovered that she has indications of a tumor on her liver and is waiting for a biopsy. We do know that cancer of the liver is not usually primary and they have checked her lungs we are waiting on results. Her breast biopsy was ok. The doctors don't seem too optimistic about the results of a liver biopsy. Could this pain in her arm be linked to cancer of the liver?
Dear helpingmom230, Over the internet without ability to evaluate your mother's pain, through asking questions, physical exam, putting it in context of her breast biopsy procedure we cannot say for sure the source of this arm pain.  It would be unlikely that arm pain would be due to whatever is going on in her liver.  Her doctor should be better able to evaluate this pain in the context of her situation, she'll want to make sure to bring it to their attention again.