post breast biopsy pain
i recently had ultrasound for a lump in my left breast. This was clear but the doctor suggested a biopsy to make sure. After the biopsy procedure my breast and lump has become sore and swollen for over 3 days now.I'm still waiting on the results. Is this normal or has my breast been hurt due to the procedure. If so how long will I be sore or should I be worried about something else?
I am not sure if this wil help but i had a biospy ealier this year. I was fine untill 4 weeks and 3 days after it i suffered bad pain which turned out to be  an infection. I would not worry too much if i was you (easier said than done)as it may be nothing. Wait till you get the results of biospy . Yes they can be sore for a few days. wishing you luck.
It's normal to have some swelling, pain and bruising after a biopsy.
Try to apply some ice packs on your breast to reduce the swelling and pain.
You should be feeling better as time goes by,but if you notice redness and the pain and swelling increases,it's better to have it checked out by your doctor,in case you have an infection.
Wishing you a BENIGN biopsy results
Take care and good luck....
You may try putting Ice on the area to help with the pain and to bring down the swelling.  Some pain and swelling in normal to a point because it is traumatic to the tissue and that is the bodies natural response to trauma.  If the area looks red, has red streaks and feels hot to the touch, or you have a fever over 101 you shuld call your doctor because there may be an infection.  If these things are not happening then try some Ice and rest.  If it still bothers you when you go for your next appt then just let them know. Good luck and know that if it does come back cancerous it is not the end.  I am going through chemo for stage III breast cancer now and I refuse to have anything but a happy ending.  Just keep that train of thought and you will be fine.  Good luck
Sunny