Breast Cancer Community
preveous injury to breast now looks like cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

i injured my chest on a steering wheel about 6 months ago hitting a curb, it hurt for several days, i went for a yearly mammogram last week they thought somthing looked suspisious so they did a ultra sound, they called the next day and ordered a biopsy, becasue there were clusters of calcifacations and a lump, now they are sending it out to the vanderbilt hospital, i didnt memtion anything about the injury to my breast becasue i forgot about it, now iam wondering if that could of caused it and maybe they can't fiqure out what it was, Do you think this is a possibility?
debbie
1 Comment
Injury to the breast does NOT cause cancer to develop. Often a cancer is discovered some time after an injury because some testing is done as a result. It's just something that was there and found because the injury prompted some investigation. All suspicious microcalcification do not come back as malignant on biopsy... they are an indication that the breast tissue is reacting to some abnormality within the breast.   Regards ....