puss filled pores on nipple area.
I noticed about awhile agop that the pores on my breast are filled with a puss like substance. It is only on my nipples and it doesn't hurt. Although my breast are always sore, but I do not know if it is because of this. I have an IUD incert so I do not think I am pregnet, but the IUD has stopped my periods except for spotting every couple of months. Please help I am unsure if this is normal or if I should be worried. Thanks
Hi there.

I doubt if any of these is related to your IUD.  The skin of the breast and of the nipples has glands and pores similar to that of the rest of the body.  The mechanism behind what is happening to your breast skin is similar to that of comedone formation and acne that occurs in the skin of the face.

Initially, these pores become clogged with either dirt or dead skin debris.  If bacteria find their way towards these clogged pores, these can become infected and therefore cause pus formation.

I would suggest that you have these looked at by a professional (dermatologist) to see if there are keratolytics and other creams that can be applied to prevent future formation of these pustules.

Regards.