Breast Cancer Expert Forum
radiation treatment
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

radiation treatment

I want to know if an organic coconut oil is ok to use on the radiation site (on the breast) after each treatment.
Thank you
Related Discussions
242527_tn?1292452740
Dear soybnqn:  In many cases oils are not recommended during radiation therapy.  You should discuss this with your radiation therapy doctors to determine what creams may be acceptable to use during radiation therapy.
2 Comments
Blank
I had a conference with  my radiologist and she told me my R breast might get smaller, darker than my left breast and somewhat  tender. I have large dense breasts since Menopause and weight gain, so the Radiologist told me that my L breast could be made smaller to match my R one if the radiation made it noticeably smaller.
I get the feeling since I have a  tumor the size of an acorn that I am going to get blasted...not that I mind...I do want to live, but is the size what dictates how much radiation our breast receives. Is that why the scary warnings.
If you have any recommendations for soaps/body washes post Lumpectomy when caring for the site, please let me know:)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank