Breast Cancer Community
radiographic result

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

radiographic result

breasts

a lobulated hypoechoic mass with no internal vascularity is seen in the 12 o'clock position of the left breast.

small well defined cystic nodules are seen in the right breast measuring 0.59 x 0.52x 0.25 cm and 0.73 x 0.72x 0.23 in the 12 o'clock zone A position and 0.56 x 0.65 x 0.34 cm in the 1 o'clock zone A position.

the intramammary ducts are not dilated. The retroareolar regions are unremarkable.

The skin overlying the breasts is not thickened.

The axillary regions are unremarkable;

This are the result of my breasts ultrasound. This keep me worried that is why I resulted in asking here online.Can somebody explain what it means and what should I do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I'm sure you have left out a portion of the report .. at the end there is always a conclusion and recommendation if any further investigation is needed. I would suggest that you ask your prescribing Physician for a detailed explanation of the findings, which don't seem to be of much concern, as he/she knows your complete medical history and how the film relates to your particular situation. I would be interested to know the "conclusion" and "recommendation" noted at the end of the report. Regards ....
thanks for your reply, it's very much appreciated. My doctor said that I should check my breast few days after menstruation. It's my first time to take a breast ultrasound and I got worried in the results.
Impression:
Lobulated hypoehoic mass, left
Small cysts

Birads category 0: needs additional evaluation
Correlation with mammography is recommended
Sorry, don't know why that posted twice .... anyway that's the part I was interested in. According to the report you should be having some additional type of film to further identify the lump. This would possibly be a Mammogram, depending on your age, or perhaps even a Breast MRI. At a certain age the breast tissue is very dense and often a Mammogram is of little value because it is difficult to "see" thru the dense tissue. All this of course will be something your Dr. will decide. You may even be referred to a Breast Specialist for this additional investigation. The BIRADS scale is used to determine what, if anything needs to be done to come to a conclusion about the finding. If I were you I would discuss it all with your Dr. as soon as possible so that you can proceed with whatever is necessary to find out what is going on with this mass. Regards ...
thank you for your reply :D
It really means so much