Breast Cancer Community
rash from cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash from cancer?

I'm 16 and my mom recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. She has just finished 5 weeks of radiation and is not on any medication yet. She has recently not been feeling well at all. She's been very tired and now she has developed a rash on both sides of her neck right over where her lymph nodes are. I'm concerned because I know that cancer can spread to your lymph nodes and then to the rest of the body. Is this rash any indication of that? And if not, what could the rash and her tired symptoms be? Please get back to me, I'm very concerned. Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
326352_tn?1310997895
She should check with her radiation oncologist, but if I were to bet, it's probably just a reaction from the radiation.  Radiation can dry your skin out pretty badly.  It also makes you extremely tired.  The tiredness should ease up in a few weeks, but it may take longer than that.  It's not that the radiation is difficult, it's just a long, arduous process that seems to take a lot out of the body.  

For your peace of mind, see if you can accompany her to her next oncologist appt to inquire about the rash.  The tiredness is common, I'm not positive about the rash.  Always better to ask the doc who's doing the treatment just to make sure.
Blank
Thank you !
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank