Breast Cancer Expert Forum
recent findings help

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

recent findings help

HELLO I RECENTLY HAD A BILATERAL MAMMO AND ULTRASOUND DONE.  MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE CONCERN ABOUT THESE FINDINGS: CYSTIC CHANGE DEEP CLOSE TO THE MUSCLE MEASURING 9*5 mm(IT USE TO MEASURE 4*0mm JUST 7 MONTHS AGO) WITH POSTERIOR ACOUSTIC ENCHANCEMENT, SURROUNDED BY VERY DENSE TISSUE. PROBABLE COMPLEX CYST WITH INTERNAL DEBRIS??? THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND HELP
Avatar n tn
Dear skittles, With the change in the findings there may be some thought given to further evaluation by a breast specialist.  They may recommend that the area be biopsied.
Avatar n tn
it sounds like changes related to fibrocystic condition. Whether or not more needs to be done depends a bit on how convinced the radiologist is that this is just cystic stuff. It sounds like it is. The fact that it's larger is not of concern if it's clear that it's cysts. But if there's any question, one needs to consider a biopsy, even though the chance it's serious sounds very low. A growing area, unless it's very certain to be benign, needs attention.