Breast Cancer Community
recent mammogram shows left nodular density

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

i just had my mammogram and it shows increase in left nodular density. i have to go back next week for more mammogram pictures, a spot test and an ultrasound. i am scared. has anyone had this. thank you
Nodular density refers to fibrocystic changes which is not a risk factor for breast cancer, many women have these changes which are usually benign.
However this condition makes the mammogram imagery more difficult to read and interpret.
For this reason radiologists recommend a spot compression mammogram to achieve better imaging of the breast.
I know, it's very stressing to be called back for additional tests,but try not panic,most often things turn up to be alright and I hope it will be the same for you too.
Wishing you all the best ...
1 Comment
Wishing you all the best ...