Breast Cancer Community
recent mammogram shows left nodular density
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

recent mammogram shows left nodular density

i just had my mammogram and it shows increase in left nodular density. i have to go back next week for more mammogram pictures, a spot test and an ultrasound. i am scared. has anyone had this. thank you
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Nodular density refers to fibrocystic changes which is not a risk factor for breast cancer, many women have these changes which are usually benign.
However this condition makes the mammogram imagery more difficult to read and interpret.
For this reason radiologists recommend a spot compression mammogram to achieve better imaging of the breast.
I know, it's very stressing to be called back for additional tests,but try not panic,most often things turn up to be alright and I hope it will be the same for you too.
Wishing you all the best ...
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Nodular density refers to fibrocystic changes which is not a risk factor for breast cancer, many women have these changes which are usually benign.
However this condition makes the mammogram imagery more difficult to read and interpret.
For this reason radiologists recommend a spot compression mammogram to achieve better imaging of the breast.
I know, it's very stressing to be called back for additional tests,but try not panic,most often things turn up to be alright and I hope it will be the same for you too.
Wishing you all the best ...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...