Breast Cancer Community
red bumps on nipples
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red bumps on nipples

hi im 32 years old i have as long as i could remember i have had red pimple like bumps on my nipples they never caused any problems up until yesterday my right nipple is very red and the bumps look like their swollen and they hurt really bad and also there appears to be a little drainage coming out of where the pain is coming from . please does anyone else have any answers? please let me know thanks.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Many women get bumps on their nipples,they are usually due to blocked oil glands.The skin of your nipples has some very large oil glands and occasionally they can get plugged up with dead skin cells and skin oils(just like pores on your face or any other part of your body).If left alone they'll probably go away of their own accord.If they are squeezed, the bumps could get hot,hard, swollen and painful. The best thing to do now is to see your doctor because you could be having an infection and this has to be treated.Please make the appointment soon to make sure that you don't have a more serious problem...Take care and best wishes.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank