Breast Cancer Community
red spot and lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

red spot and lump

I was getting ready to take a shower yesterday and saw a red spot above the nipple on my right breast.  I felt around and there was a small lump.  It is somewhat sore.  I had a mammogram in June and it was clear.  I have made an appt. with the doc for tomorrow.  I was just hoping for a little info now. The waiting is really getting to me and I am stressing out.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Hi.
Based on your post, it seems that you have a beginning localized infection in your right breast.  It could be a beginning abscess formation.  This usually presents with a lump in the breast, with associated erythema (redness) of the overlying skin, and occasional pain on the involved site.
I agree with your decision to see your doctor for evaluation.  
Relax and stay positive.