Breast Cancer Community
redness on nipple
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

redness on nipple

I'm 19 years old and last week i noticed a red patch on my nipple about the size of a nickle. It's a little bit bumpy and barely raised but doesn't hurt or itch. I don't know if this means it could be cancerous or if this normal. I'm scared and don't know what to think.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
hi,
If there are no other symptoms aside this red spot, I strongly doubt that it has anything to do with breast cancer.The red spot could be caused by hormonal changes as well as any kind of skin disease,like fungal infection,eczema,psoriasis... etc.
It is very difficult to precisely tell you what's going on without investigation.
Obviously this red patch on your nipple is worrying and the only advice I could give is to see a doctor/dermatologist so that this problem can be taken care of with medication if needed.
Take care and best wishes..
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...