Breast Cancer Community
refusing taxol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

refusing taxol

I'm 64 and have breast cancer, had a lumpectomy and i had 2 node positive nodules, i was told that i was going to get ac x4 + tx4 chemo, what if i refuse to get the tx4?
Tags: taxol
1 Comment
We all have the right to accept or refuse any or all treatment that is recommended. I don't think it is a wise decision since you did have positive nodes. You don't state your reason for only taking part of the treatment that has been recommended but I hope it's a good one.  I would like to know why you are choosing to only have one part of the Chemotherapy.    Regards .....