Breast Cancer Community
right armpit axillary mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

right armpit axillary mass

I was wondering if anyone could give me some peace of mind. I'm 27 years old. I found a lump in my right armpit and went to my obgyn. Knowing my history as soon as he looked at it and felt it, he asked if it hurt. I told him no. He said he was sending me to a surgen. He called it a right armpit axillary mass. I am really worried because this is my 2nd scare. My first scare was in my left armpit. Than sent me for an ultrsound and an xray but could not tell any thing. They put me on medicine and said if it didn't go away in a week they would take it out to be on the safe side. It was there when I went to bed the night before my surgery and when I woke up it was gone. My mother has had breast cancer 3 times in her left armpit. So anyone would understand why I'm so scared. The doctor will not tell me anything except that the surgern will tell me what is going on. This time is very different from the last time. My lump does not move and it does not hurt. Anyone that would be able to tell me anything would be great.

First, let me say I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, particularly at such a young age.  Knowing you have cancer in your family history does make this a little scarier.  Here's the good news:  You are on top of this.  You are very in touch with your body and know when there is something that's not right.  You see your dr. and your dr. is very proactive.  You are going to see a surgeon and you will get facts.  The hard part is right now -- waiting.  It's easy to allow your imagination to run away with this.  Do everything you can to remain in the moment.  You take it a day, hour or minute at a time.  Lean on the people you love and who love you.  

When's your appointment?  Please let me know how you do, ok?  I'm here to help.

With warm thoughts and prayers,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer 1 & 2 Community Leader
Good Evenin'
In '07 I was diagnosed with Uteran/Cervix Cancer and had full hysterectomy.  I've had a lump (Cyst?) for a few years.  Just the past two days, it is painful and I noticed it's grown a lil'.  My mother had a mastectomy when she was pregnant with me 46yrs ago and now I'm wondering if it is possible that it could be anything else but breast cancer?