Breast Cancer Community
scab on breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

scab on breast

The other day I found a small scab on my breast next to my nipple. I picked off the scab and mildly thick why gunk came out and it bled a little. It looks like the scabbed area is raised up a little off the rest of my skin. I am 17 and it is kinda freaking me out. Any suggestions?
Tags: scab, gunk
1 Comment
Hi there.

This scab can be due to a furuncle or a comedone that developed in that area.  Comedones result from plugged pores much like how pimples form.  later on, this can heal to form a scab with fluid still remaining underneath.  A rare possibility is Paget's disease of the breast which can present like this or with eczematous lesions on the skin or on the nipples.  I suggest you take this to your doctor for a more thorough evaluation.  I also suggest you start to do self-breast examinations every month to take not of any changes.

Regards and God bless...