Breast Cancer Community
scar tissue or a BB sized lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

scar tissue or a BB sized lump

I'm 38 and had an US guided core biopsy done last year which turned out to be fat necrosis. In October this year I found a BB sized knot/lump in that same area and it has remained through 2 menstrual cycles. My question is....could this BB sized knot actually be scar tissue from the core biopsy?
It could very well be scar tissue.
The only way to make sure though, is to make a doctor appt. to find out what this little lump may represent.
Hoping that it's really nothing serious.
Take care..                                    
I had a mammo and an ultrasound. He said it looks like a benign lipoma or lymph node. According to my previous mammo films, it's not in the same area where the core biopsy was done. We are gonna do a breast exam after the 1st of Jan then another ultrasound in 6 months. He gave me the option of referring me to a surgeon for a second opinion but I don't have insurance right now. Thanks